Friday, February 1, 2013

Not comfortable.  

That is how I would define my entry into the final stretch of this pregnancy.  A friend shared a comic of a pregnant woman wearing a sign on her belly that read, "Eviction Notice: Get Out!  Love, Mom."  That is *exactly* how I feel (except I would sign it "Mum"... once a Brit, always a Brit)!

Each day that now passes with the baby still inside of me comes as a surprise.  I just expect him or her to show up literally every day - no real reason for this...  Yes, I still have a month-ish to go, but I just *feel* like it should be time.  And though now amusing, it certainly wasn't funny at the time when after 2 hours of trying to 'get comfortable' in bed the other night I woke up Josh to yell at him, "I HATE being pregnant!"  (Don't worry, I love the baby inside me, I am just ready for him/her to be outside of me).

I waddle. 

Yes, like a duck.  I can't pinpoint the exact moment that it happened - but it has happened.  Most times as I walk, I just try to forget, but there is the odd occasion where I am acutely aware of how hilarious I must look (at least by the number of blatant stares I receive as I am out and about).  Sidebar:  If they think I look funny when I walk-waddle, they should see me try to put on my shoes or zip up my coat.

I am obsessed with my body.

Not in a 'I am worried about stretch marks,' or 'I wish I hadn't gained *that* pound' kind of way, but in a, 'How is it even possible that my body can do this?!?!'  Seriously, the human body - and I will say in particular the FEMALE body - is incredible.  The fact that it can grow and readjust in order to carry another life within it seriously astounds me.  Whenever the baby is really moving or kicking, which is often, I literally stop what I am doing, pull my shirt up and stare at my stomach move around like a bouncy castle!  Disclaimer:  I typically limit this fascination to my own home or when others are not present!!!

The experience up to now continues to solidify my belief and amazement in God and the wonder of creation, and I have yet to meet this new life!  So,... I already anticipate long stretches of time lost to just staring at our baby doing absolutely nothing.

So, in summary: I am an uncomfortable duck that can't stop staring at my stomach...  All jokes aside, this journey of pregnancy has been quite an eye opener - and I am increasingly thinking about the next stop,... Motherhood!




No comments:

Post a Comment